Sunday, August 28, 2011

Like I said "Setback"

Self control: That is the topic today. I did great yesterday. I woke up early and was ready for a run. It was Saturday, so my husband was home to watch the kids. I was getting dressed and liking how I looked in my running clothes. They were tight, which dimished the number of roles that I have. I am happy to finally be out of those baggy clothes. The best part of having lost 20 lbs is that my thighs don't rub together anymore. If you have this problem, then you know what I mean. I had to wear running pants for the first couple of months because I kept getting a rash on my inner thighs. (I found a great cream that helps with the chafing. It works great on the kids rash from wearing a wet bathsuit. I don't go on vacation without it.)

Running is a head game for me. I can easily run 6 miles without being to exhausted. But as I was running I decided to do 5 miles instead of 3. It was only a little further on my route. But it was hot. (Hear comes the excuses). I thought, "I'll see how I feel half way, I have company waiting for me at home. Ella's ready for a nap, I should turn around." The list of excuses can keep going. I finally made it to 1.6 miles and turned the corner to keep going. I went 10 feet and thought, "forget it". The old lazy self took over and I turned around and ran home. I still completed a 3.2 mile run at a 10 minute pace, but I let my head take over my body. I could have kept going but I let myself be defeated. This is something that I need to work on.

The rest of the day went great. Friends texted us to go out to eat. We haven't seen them most of summer, so we were ready to go. We went to Saki's and had some great maki rolls and saki. (Not great for a diet) From there, we continued to Popovers. They have the best dessert. My reasoning to eat this, "I ran today". "I should have ran the 5 miles, oh well." I enjoyed my cappacino and dessert. My husband and I split a scrumptous 7 layer bar and chocolate decadent cake. I was very full. I didn't put this in myfitnesspal because I didn't want to know how bad I cheated. But tomorrow is another day.
My goal is to live one day at a time. I am tired of waiting for Monday to start. If I have a slip up and no self control on one meal, it is only that meal. I try not to make it am excuse to eat bad every meal of that day. I live meal to meal and day to day. Don't give up on your dream just because you cheated for one meal. Get it back together. Get out of your head. Everyone makes mistakes and this is a journey. It takes time to get the figure that you want. It doesn't happen overnight.

1 comment:

  1. Too Funny, I JUST said to Gano "The best thing is my thighs don't touch anymore!" That's a bid deal and it feels great!! Keep up the great work and dragging me with - cause I would be a slug without ya!
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete