Wednesday, November 2, 2011

6 Week Checkup

Yesterday was my 6 week re-evaluation. I knew that my weight didn't decrease since my first visit.  However, I hoped that my measurements decreased. 6 weeks ago, I was 29.7% body fat and BMI of 25.5 . I still hovered around the over weight category. But I knew that I made great strides since April ,so I wasn't too upset. Moving on to today, the trainer proceeded to hand me the body fat machine. I held it out with arms straight and waited. It was a long 10 seconds. Then the numbers appeared. I looked at them and then down at the paper and back again. What I saw was not right. My numbers remained the exact same as 6 weeks ago. I did not lose any body fat. I was not too happy. But it is what it is. I have been lifting weights for 6 weeks, 3-4 times a week with light cardio on off days, and I lost no body fat. After receiving that blow, he continued to measure my waist, hips, thigh, biceps, and thighs. Holding the tape measure on my belly button, I proceed to turn to wrap the tape measure around me. He was very careful to observe boundaries. He repeated this for the hips. I was not expecting much since everything else remained the same. However, I lost a half inch in my waist and 1.5 inches in my hips. I smiled in enjoyment. I couldn't believe that I lost inches. I also lost inches in biceps and thighs. My weight training was working. I am starting to slim down and gain more muscle. I can see the muscles on me becoming more defined. I can see the door at the end of the road. But I still have a long way to go to reach my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment