Sunday, October 30, 2011

Granite Sate Open

The Granite State Open Figure and Bodybuilding Competition was yesterday at Dover High School. It amazed me to see everyone in perfect shape. When we entered the building we sighted a few competitors. They were so tan that they were unrecognizable. The darker they are, the less shadows and the better the muscle pops out. Most were unnaturally dark.

The Figure Competition entered the stage first. About 20 very fit and tanned women in high heels grazed the stage. Some had a hard time walking, the heels were so high. They were called to some poses and had to hold them for at least 30 seconds each pose. They had to flex their muscles and stand with shoulders back, butt and chest out, head high, and all muscles flexed. Standing under those lights must have been very hot because they were sweating their tan away. Then they had to walk the runway, like models and strike their best pose. Most did really well. It must have been very intimidating to stand up there in a little bikini with everyone staring at you. Plus, with the amount that they had to contract theirs muscles, it look exhausting. I was exhausted watching them tighten up.

After the Figure, the body building started. These women and men were bigger than the figure. The women didn't have to wear high heels or shiny bikini. The had to strike more poses. Flexing the back, chest, triceps, biceps, abdominals, legs, and serratus. They were sweating like crazy. Some were flexing so hard, that they were shaking.

The competitors were ripped. Every striation of muscle was enhance. During the month before the competition, they diet down to almost no body fat so that the muscles becomes more defined. My friend and I decided that we want to look like them. But the dieting down is not for me. It will be interesting if I can get my body to look like that, hard and sculptured. Scott has no problem with me looking that that. He encourages and supports me to follow my dream.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jody...I AM finding this very, very interesting and particularly like your take and your expression of what you are processing. I can't say I can relate to any of it first hand but I do find it fascinating as I do with most new learning.

    I applaud your wanting and knowing what you want, as you say, your dream. Yay for you!!! There are so many that have no idea what that dream looks like, you're already way ahead in that knowing.

    There is no doubt that you will obtain that hard sculptured HOT bod....you've already got the HOT bod part down....every time I see you, I notice. Yay for you!!! One third of the way DONE....

    ReplyDelete