Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Onward

After the last month and a half of not being able to get into the gym for weight training and eating unclean, I rededicated myself yesterday to the clean lifestyle.  I started to rechart on myfitnesspal.com to count my calories and keep track of my fat. I think or I know that I have been eating to much fat. Fat, even healthy fat like avacodos, does not do well with me. My husband can eat fatty food as long as its low carb. I have to eat low fat but are allowed some carbs. Each person has to figure out what your body can handle. Every person responds to food differently. Make sure that you are tracking your food to keep count of your calories. Drinks count for calories as well. I know for me, I can drink my calories in coffee. It is not exciting drinking water all day, but it is healthier. I started to cut down on the cream in my coffee. In a large ice coffee, I now do 2 creams instead of the four that they put in. I also made my protein muffins again and just recieved my PB2 in the mail. I will have cheat days on Fridays basicly because I have some kind of party every Friday. I will really try to keep my eating and drinking under control.

It felt good to get into the gym yesterday. I worked out back and shoulders. I started with the pull-ups. I could barely squeeze out four pull-ups. I normally do eight. I can't beleive how fast I lost my strength. Hopefully it will come back quick. I plan to start German Volume Training again next week to try to bulk up for the next competition. If I can keep my head on straight, I will do Granite State in October and Monster Mash in November as well as the Challenge in November. That will be three more competitions under my belt. In the mean time, I am training for the Pumkiman and Hampton Half. Even though I haven't hit the gym, I have been running up to six miles and biking 11 miles and swimmming. It will feel good to get back in the gym and in my old routine starting next week. We are taking a staycation this week, so working out will be altered. All I can do is try and try again and never give up. I take one day at a time because this lifestyle is all a mind game.

No comments:

Post a Comment