Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Changed up My Weight Routine

It has been about a week since I hit the gym last. I continued to do cardio at home but missed the weights due to the holiday. I met with my trainer yesterday. We worked on back and triceps. I was confused. She put me on a 4 day weight training program. Back and triceps, chest and biceps, legs, and shoulders with abs 2 or 3 times a week. I gazed at her with a blank look. Since I have been lifting for 3 months, it was time to change my program. By hitting back with triceps, I would still be using my biceps to pull with back exercises therefore hitting my biceps twice in a week. Same as for chest and triceps to hit my triceps twice a week. It is time to continue to grow in my body building. I have been increasing my weights consistently, but I was ready for a change. I was starting to get bored with my routine.

This work out started with dead lifts. She threw 45 on each side. Gulp. I don't usually start that high but I do end up that high. I can do this! Wrapping the bar with the straps, bent knees, butt down, shoulder blades down and back, and head up, LIFT. Push away from the floor Stand up and back down. Reposition -butt down, head up, shoulders back, lift. stand up, and back down. 2.  Three more were like this. Then it was rest time. Another set followed with the same weight and then 10 pounds were tacked on for 2 more sets. I was exhausted. Next, she had me do reverse chin ups. I have never done that before. Today, my arms and back are really sore. It was a great work out. Looking forward to tomorrow for chest and biceps.

No comments:

Post a Comment