Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 2

I woke up today extremely sore. The new work out program has officially kicked my butt. I think it was the reverse pull-ups that did me in. My upper abs, lats, triceps, and biceps, you name it, and it hurts. I was going to do chest and triceps today but I think I will change it to legs. I don't want to work my arms if they are still sore from 2 days ago. My trainer will be happy that I am sore. She looks forward to that.

For my diet, I plan on having my green juice for breakfast again. I plan on doing a month of this juice and at least 60% raw food a day. Raw food consists of anything that is not cooked above 118 degrees F. I will consume a pomegranate for snack, homemade mushroom and kale soup or turkey lettuce wraps, and a salad with smoked salmon for dinner. I realize that if I plan my meals out exactly what I eat for the day, I can stick with it better. I planned yesterday and did not waiver. Even though I ate only raw food, I still consumed over 1700 calories. The almond butter itself was 900 calories. That is the only issue I find with raw food, trying to keep calories low. There is a lot of calories and fat in nuts, however they are a major source of protein for raw foodist. But I didn't hit my protein intake. Protein was only 40g, however it was pure protein that was easily absorbable. The first few days of tracking calories and protein with mostly raw food will point me in the direction that I need to follow. This will also guide me how how many protein shakes I need to drink. I did have a chocolate one yesterday. While seaching the net, I found a company that makes raw protein powder. Its a little more than I want to pay but in the long run it will be beneficial. I will finish the chiro blend powder I have now before I switch. If I go 90% raw consistently, I will change over to the new powder. Onward to day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment