Saturday, December 17, 2011

Vacation and Holiday Weight Gain

It has been a while since my last blog. I was on vacation for 2 weeks. During that time, I continued to lift weights. I needed to exercise to counteract the food and alcohol. I think the workout only helped with  one drink. Since returning, I have continued working out but have been having a hard time getting my eating under control. I gained 3 pounds on vacation and another 2 since. I have been struggling with parties and the cheese and crackers, seaford newburg, stuffed mushrooms, etc. I have not had much desserts, but its the great tasting food that I struggle with. If its in front of me, I want it. Even if I am full, I still want it. Of course, I feel sick after. This doesn't count the alcoholic drinks that I have been consuming. Orange creamsicles, toasted almonds, lemon drops. Tonight is another party, where I will be eating and drinking again. This week has been much better with eating than it has the last month. I have lost 2 pounds already, but today is not going to help.

I have been lifting heavy as directed by my trainer. I can now bench 95 pounds. I am very happy with that. I have started working out at home as well when the baby lets me. For one week, I walked everyday on the treadmill at an incline. By doing this, it helps to lift and define the gluts. That lasted a week. Then the baby decided to change her nap schedule which made working out impossible. So then I changed my cardio to the Insanity workout and exercised while the baby was playing. It made it a little easier. I wanted to up my cardio to help with the weight loss, even though my trainer doesn't want me to. She wants me to lift heavy all the time and keep cardio to a minimal so as not to lose muscle. And start losing weight in March to diet down for the competition.

So today, I will be doing my Insanity program to counteract some of the damage I will do tonight. Once the holidays are over, the temptations will be minimal. It will be easier to stay on my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment