Saturday, March 10, 2012

12 Weeks to Go

I had my official weigh in and pictures taken on Monday. The trainer measured my body fat and metabolism. My metabolism was pretty good. I burn 1600 calories doing nothing. I need 2300 calories just to live my day to day life. My trainer put me on a 1600 calorie program to lose a pound a week. I need to be around 125lb for competition weight. I now weigh 140lb with 19% body fat. I need to lose at least 5% more body fat to compete.
After two weeks of being at 140ish, I started to hit the diet hard again. The last few weeks I was slowly adding little treats in again. I didn't mean to, it just happened. I bit of Logan's left over hot dog, a taste of the Alfredo noodles to make sure they were done, pizza crust, an extra glass of wine, drinks with friends, going out to dinner, etc. All the little things added up. I didn't gain any weight back, I just didn't lose any more. So back to being strict again. I lost two pounds again this week from not cheating. I went out last night to Buffalo Wings for wings and a beer, and back up I went. I didn't work out yesterday to try to counteract the effects. I planned on it but realize that my license expires on Sunday, so I had to do that instead. We will be going out again tonight to celebrate my birthday and I will make sure I get an extra work out in.

Since I started this journey, I was about 25% body fat. Now I am down to 19%. My weight started out at 170 after the birth of my last child. I was able to get down to 152-155 and could not break the 150 lb mark. After hitting it strong in January and February, I lost 12 pounds and kept it off. I went from a size 12 pants to a 6. I feel great. I can't wait to lose more and compete in June. However, I am not looking forward to parading around in a bikini in front of strangers judging my body. Talk about getting out of my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment