Saturday, March 10, 2012

Shopping

I finally decided that I couldn't wear baggy pants anymore. My new jeans that I bought in January were literally falling off me. I had nothing to wear to work that fit. After a week of trying to get to the store to buy pants, I finally made it. I went to TJ Max because I wanted "cool" jeans. I liked the stone wash look or riped look and TJ Max had these. I went with Scott and the kids. Scott went to the men's section, I to the women's, and the kids to the toys. I figured I went down a size. I was in a size 10 at the beginning of January when I went shopping then.  I proceeded to scan the size 8 rack. I searched up and down the pants racks looking for black work pants. I found black, white, and gray striped. I also grabbed a couple of nice shirts to try the pants on with. I went to the dressing room to try on the pants. I put one on and took it off. Then another and another. The pants did NOT fit. I was shocked. I did not fit into an 8. I thought I went down a size. My heart started to race. I scurried out of the dressing room in a panic. I asked the sales lady to go and switch sizes. She gave me the all clear and off I went. I went to scan the racks for the same pants but in the correct size. I went back to the dressing room. I tried on the different pants size. I was shaking. I could not believe it. I started texting Marcia while I was still changing. I redressed in my original clothes and stepped out of the dressing room. I found Scott. I told him my heart was racing. He was worried. He asked me what was wrong. He thought something happened to the kids. "No", I said, "Look, Look". I held up the new pants. He looked. "What?" he exclaimed. "Look. Look at the size!". He looked and saw that I was in a size 6. I still can't believe it. After thinking I went down one size, I actually went down two sizes. I could not fathom that. I was so excited I emailed my trainer that night, called my mom, and Marcia. All my hard work has finally paid off.
The next day when I had to get dressed to go to work, I was hesitant to put on my new pants. "Would they still fit? Was it just all in my head and a dream?" I put them on and they still fit. I was relieved and excited. I looked good and felt good. I am ready to keep this weight off and continue to lose to reach my goal.
I can't tell you how good it feels. You can only experience it. Dieting is a mind game. You have to defeat it and stay strict to the diet to drop the pounds. Diets do work if they are followed correctly and if they become a lifestyle, not just a fad.Try it and see. Be the person you want to be. There are no excuses. Just do it. I am doing it at home every day with 4 kids whom I homeschool. I find the time to work out and plan and pre-prepare my meals. So can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment