Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Vacation

Today is day 5 of my vacation to Myrtle Beach. We are having a great time. I have been challanged by my kids to get out of my comfort zone and climb on the monkey ropes. After a short panic attack that I was going to die, I sucked it up and followed my 7 year old out on the ropes. We were strapped in to a harness, which held 2000 pounds, even though I didn't think it could hold me. The rope obstacle changed depending on the direction you went. One course was tight rope walking, others were moving beams. It was a lot of fun but I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Also, my oldest son wanted to go on the 360 degree bikes. You had to be 58" and weigh less than 200 pounds. We were harnessed in like a roler coaster. The harder that we pedaled, then more 360's we did. We went upside down and around at least 5 times. Now that was so neat that we did it again. My diet has not been good this week. We are eating breakfast in everyday which keeps me on my egg whites and spinach. However, lunches have been out. I go into a restaurant with the goal of eating clean but then look at the menu. Its hard to avoid a cold beer and wings. The kids have been wanting ice cream everyday. One day we did frozen yogurt which was really delicious. But I can't seem to avoid eating the kids left overs. That is what is killing me. I try not to eat it but I cave. Everyday is a new day. Lets see how today goes. I will not eat anything I shouldn't. On the flip side, I have been working out everyday. The resort has an excellent gym where I can continue training heavy. Then I do a half hour of cardio. Tomorrow I think I might go for a long run to try to burn extra calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment