Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Back Home after Vacation

We had a great vacation to Myrtle Beach. The resort we stood at had a great gym. There were free weigths and cables, treadmills and elipticals. There were also running paths throughout the golf course and adjoining neighborhood. The paths were not very groomed, but the wild life was great to see. There were ducks and geese with their babies. I came upon a turtle crossing the road on one of my runs. During my runs, I was listening to the Hunger Games. The story line fit in well with running. The main character was dodging other characters and I was dodging wild life. Of course my life wasn't in danger. I did get a little worried running by a pack of geese. Since it was mating season, I wasn't sure if I would be attacked. I worked out for atleast an hour a day doing weigths and cardio.

Eating wasn't as good. We ate in everyday for breakfast and usually one other meal. That only left one meal out. I ate salads with fish or steak. Ice cream was the staple snack food. Fortunately, we were able to have frozen yogurt instead. I was wary about how much weigth I gained. I was guessing 5 pounds. I woke up Monday morning and stepped on the scale. I gained only 3 pounds. I felt very relieved. After being a little carefree about food, it feels good to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment