Tuesday, January 3, 2012

After the Holidays

January 2, 2012 is the start of the New Year. Last week I started to kick it into gear. I ate much more raw food than I have in a while. I made raw Pad Thai, which was fabulous. that is Scott's favorite raw recipe. He had 2 helping. Unfortunately, it has a lot of calories because of the almond butter. But it tastes just like Pad Thai. I also made raw enchiladas. I was very impressed. It came out very tasty. I will have to keep that recipe on hand. I also  juiced every day to get those vital nutrients in my system.

The rest of the week was not as much raw food. I love eating eggs in the morning. I use 1 egg and 2 egg whites. I add spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, and salsa to taste. This makes the eggs much more filling. Occassionally, I added ekekiel bread since my trainer says I need carbs in the morning to help my muscle grow. After looking at the calorie difference of one whole egg versus just egg whites, I couldn't believe the difference. 70 caloies for 1 egg versus 48 calories for 3 egg whites. So I switched to just egg whites. I miss my yolk but not enough for the extra caloies.

I also like to eat deli turkey (I know, it has many nitrates and is not good for you) rolled in low fat swiss cheese. I try to keep this to a minimum, but its a great snack when I get really hungry and don't have the energy to make something. I shouldn't say energy, but when I get hungry, sometimes it just hits me and I need to eat immediately. Scott can see the difference in me when I get famished. I get light headed and really grumpy. (Yes, more grumpy than usual,lol) I snap at the kids for no reason. So, I try not to become that hungry but sometimes it happens when I have to take care of the kids first.

I mentioned in a last blog that I wanted to be in a better mood. Since cleaning up my diet, it has helped. As a friend says, my anger pie is not full or overflowing anymore. I am able to remain more calm with the things the kids do instead of blowing up at them. It still irritates me when the kids whine about doing school work but I try not to get so angry. If they just do what I say then the angry pie will remain empty. But kids will be kids and I love them dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment