Saturday, January 7, 2012

Great Week

This week has been a great week. My diet was almost perfect. After tracking my diet on myfitnesspal.com, I have been under my calories all week. I tried so new recipes this week to start the transition to eating healthy again.

I added shrimp and steamed okra to my meals this week. I lightly sauteed them with no oil and added garlic to taste. It is very low is calories.

Homemade burritos made a great tasting dinner. I used ground turkey with burrito mix and sauteed red and yellow peppers and onions. I added some black beans and mixed it all in a bowl with a little of avocado and cheese on top. I didn't use tortillas because it was to high in carbs.

Carb-less homemade lasagna was a wonderful substitution for the real thing. Instead of noodles, we used eggplant as a substitute. Low fat ricotta, sugar free fat free tomato sauce, and ground turkey with low fat cheese on top make my taste buds water just thinking about it. I enjoy it with loaded with spinach as well to get the moist calcium from the dish.

It is easy to stay eating healthy when the food tastes great. Since I eat 3 egg white in the morning, I have switched to buying the egg whites in the carton. It saves a lot of money and space in the refrigerator. For 1 carton of 20 egg whites, it cost $3.49. That's the price of a dozen eggs. I add mushrooms, tomatoes, scallions, and spinach to my eggs topped off with garlic salsa. Salsa is also a good substitute for salad dressing.

 I have been tracking low in my protein column. I had to add a protein shake after working out to increase my protein.

It was a good feeling to get on the scale again and the extra weight is starting to come off. It gives me hope again. I feel slimmer after losing 2 pounds this week. I am really excited to finally start seeing the definition in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment