Monday, January 30, 2012

I officially started my body building diet a week ago. I am consuming 1400 calories, 40% carbs, 40%protein, and 20% fat. I looked at my trainer with a skeptical eye. "1400 calories and carbs", I exclaimed. She is crazy. There is no way I can lose weight with this diet. She wanted me to trust her. She said that I should have no problem losing weight. I told her I will try. I found that exact proportions of food in a bodybuilding magazine. I have been following it to the letter.

Breakfast:
3 egg whites with mushrooms and salsa
 1 slice of cinnamon ezekiel bread.

Snack,
rice cake with 1tbsp peanut
protein shake

 Lunch
4oz of chicken breast or shrimp or fish
 .5 cup rice or 4 oz of sweet potato
 4oz of vegetable or small salad with basalmic vinegar

Snack
4oz protein
4oz vegetable
4oz sweet potato or rice

Dinner
4oz of protein
 4oz of vegetables

Last snack of the day
 protein shake
 1/4 cup yogurt or cottage cheese.

After a week of this diet, I lost 5 pounds. I finally broke through my plateau. I now weight 147 pounds. I am very excited. I am still nervous that if I cheat, I will gain it back. It has been a long time since I have been this weight. I plan to continue this diet even though it's getting boring already. I need to remember that I am nourishing my body and it doesn't matter the taste. I need to do this to lose another 7 pounds and then I will feel comfortable. I thought that it would be great to be 145, but after being only 2 pounds away, I know I still have a lot to lose. Yes, I am finally saying my weight. That is really hard to admit, but now I am in a confort zone. I can start seeing the definition on my arms better. Finally, my hard work is paying off.

I know in a last blog I started to do raw food. I was able to follow that plan for a week. It was just too cold to stay raw. I was able to finally lose the holiday weight and get back on track. Now I am in a zone.

 After several blogs about diets and what I was following to lose weight, I feel like a hypocrite. I am constantly changing my mind to find what works for me. Everyone is different. Everyone's body responds to different foods and different diets. Life circumstances can change how you eat. I am trying them all. I will reach my goal. I might constantly vary my program but I will do what is right for me. For now, the above diet is working like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment