Tuesday, September 6, 2011

After a bad week, I am back

Labor Day Weekend ended an unhealthy stretch. My husband wanted to name this blog, "Sun, Fun, and Bad Influence", which meant him. He was a bad influence this week. He was in the mood for burgers every night. I thought, "I worked out hard, I can eat burgers". But with burgers comes beer and sweet potato fries. Not good for a healthy lifestyle. (I am going to say diet as in healthy food choices and the way we all should eat, not in strict, bland, boring, temporary way to eat to lose weight. Diet is shorter than typing healthy lifestyle.) But it was still my decision to eat it. He didn't force it down my throat. It was just what he wanted and I obliged. We started the weekend going out with friends and instead of choosing a salad, I chose fried clams, which I never ever eat it. The next day, we went to the Polar Caves and I had to have a bite of his ice cream. And we were so close to Hart's Turkey Farm. I couldn't have a salad there. The next day we went to Franklin Zoo and we had to go to Hooter's for the wings. But last night I chose perfectly. I didn't let his decision sway me. I wanted a salad with low fat sesame ginger dressing with chicken and that's what I had. After a week of not eating healthy, I am ready to get back to where I need to be. (By the way, Scott is also a healthy eater and is always supportive, he just happened to be in the mood for burgers) Especially after reading everyone's comments here and on facebook about how I am influencing them to get it together and stay on track. You are influencing me to get back on track. Thank you all for making me stay on target and not give up. Bodybuilding and  getting ripped is my ultimate goal. It will take a while and there will be a series of ups and downs depending on life choices. But overall, I will get there. With your help and the support and guidance of my husband and friends, I will get there.

On a typical day this is what we eat:
      Breakfast: 3 egg whites with mushrooms and onions and salsa
      snack: fruit
      lunch: chicken or turkey with vege
      dinner: salad with or without meat
      I drink water all day and a glass of wine at night.

Since this is my typical day, you can see that when I eat bad, I really eat bad. In the future, I will post some of my favorite recipes and more nutrition related topics. I am a nutritionist and need to start following my own advise. I started a book years ago about nutrition and raw food. I will incorporate a lot of that information here to help with anyone struggling to lose weight and eat healthy.

My exercise consists of 3 days of weights and 3 days of cardio. Yesterday, we went swimming and running. Today is back and chest of P90X and depending on the rain, biking. Since I am training for a triathlon that's this weekend, I am exercising more than average. If you have never worked out and want to start, just walk. You don't need any special equipment. Get outside and start walking. Soon, it will be cold out and you won't want to start. Live for today. Don't put it off till tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Jody....hahaha....nice share to start off the week...again, something we can all relate to.

    Ya...I like to call it balance. My dad used to call it moderation. "Everything in moderation, that's the key to life". He never had a weight issue. His weight would creep up just a little and then call himself back to center, back to moderation. He's passed on a little over two years now and I am amazed by how much wisdom the man truly had...hidden, I might add....because at the time, words that came out of his mouth, seemed to be meant to fuel many fires, stir up trouble and at times, cut straight to the heart. Now his words of wisdom still sound loudly in my head, calling me back to center when I need the extra support in getting there. Physically, he couldn't find the communication skills to lift and love but Spiritually he has and does every day. Balance....it's interesting.

    Thanks for sharing that we help keep you on target. Can't tell you how many times I checked your blog to see if there was something new. I see now that it will show up on Facebook. I don't want to miss what you have to share, you're AWESOME with much life experience. Just look at the life you lead...and I do mean LEAD. You're a leader in many areas of your life, again, setting examples. I know many AMAZING women, truly I do...I call em kick asses...sometimes kick ass goddesses...women who can seem to get it ALL done...not half assed either, with style and grace, they leave you with your mouth open as you say..."how do they get it all done so well, so amazing, being pulled in so many different directions with so many children who need and want them"....yet they do. I know a little "of you", mostly through Scott and mutual friends at Natural Care Wellness, I am so pleased to have the opportunity to "know you".

    We keep each other on track, that's the give and take and the balance. Looking forward to your stepping back into your Nutrition Mastership, I have great interest on many different levels to what you share. Personally, I am finding my balance with food, which I believe will lie with my blood type. Professionally, I am greatly interested in nutrition to help those I counsel in dealing with the concept of whole health...body, mind, Spirit and Soul or physical, mental, Spiritual, and emotional aspects of an individual. Yet again, balance.

    If you publish a book on nutrition with recipes and how to make fun and interesting and TASTY food that is nutritionally sound...I will be your first customer...and...I have lots of friends in many different pieces of my life who would truly be interested as well.

    Live for TODAY...got it...that message has been ringing loud and clear to me...be present with where you are and who you are with...LAUGH...A LOT...never mind looking to what's next...what if nothing is NEXT??? Will you have missed your last minute on this Earth, not enjoying it to its fullest because you were looking for the "next"?

    The journey brings us many fascinating and interesting place, meeting many fascinating and interesting people, with many fascinating and interesting FOODS...love it all, embrace it all, enjoy it all...in moderation.

    Thanks, Dad....hear you loud and clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went on 8 mile bike ride today hauling Lynne's little baby in a giant attachment thing!!! Wasn't really hard at all! We did academy street
    even. Yay for me. Went to Olive Garden last night. Thought of you when ordering. Ate less than half the meal. Made a healthy choice. No
    breadsticks either! You and your blog have me very focused! Thanks so much for being such a good inspiration! None of my other friends diet seriously and they definitely don't train for anything!!! I'm counting on you to keep me going!
    CP

    ReplyDelete