Monday, September 19, 2011

Keep Going

Last Saturday was the Pumpkinman and I was on fire. I had a great weight training work out on Sunday and ran 5 miles on Monday. On the 4th mile in, I started having severe knee pain, I walked it off and as soon as I started running again, severe pain. Great:( I thought. After half running and walking, I finally made it home. I iced, adjusted my knee, and took arnica. There was no pain to the touch. But it hurt walking. This reminds my when I was a kid playing sports, I had a lot of knee pain. There was also no pain to the touch and an x-ray and MRI showed nothing. Here it comes again. Its depressing being in the mood to run and you can't. So I took the week off of running and concentrated on weights instead. I had another great weight work out on Tuesday. Wednesday was such a busy day, that I didn't work out. Thursday was suppose to be back and legs, however, I woke up with alot of back pain that it felt like it was going to go out. So there goes another day of not working out. Friday I had a baby sitter so there was no excuses. But did I work out, nope. I did errands instead. By Saturday, I was so out of my routine that I did nothing and hung around the house all day. The kids were sick and Ella was really cranky. So I could use that as an excuse, but I was just being lazy. Why is it so hard to exercise after you have a day off or two. Your body needs to have that day of rest to recuperate and get stronger. But the more days I take off, the lazier I get. I can work out everyday whether I am in the mood or not, but as soon as I take off a day, it is so hard to get back into it. On Sunday, we got out of that house and it was a beautiful day to run. However, I didn't want to get a babysitter just so I could go for a run. I was trying to plan how I would do this and decided I would just run on the treadmill when I saw my training partner at church and she was going for a run. Her kids could come down and watch my kids and I would take Ella in a stroller. Perfect. God provides, all you have to do is ask. I was able to go for a run, just what I needed to get my motivation going again. Of course my kids were not happy when I got back. Since I was now in the mood to get things done, they had to clean their rooms and the playroom. So I am back on my mission to weight train. I will get my back and leg training in. Tomorrow is another day and I will finally join a gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment