Thursday, September 1, 2011

Not a Good Diet Week

This week has not been very good for weight loss. The general public believes that if you work out only and don't change anything else that you will lose weight. That statement is definitely false for my body. Based on my experience from the past and this week, working out only does not do it. Exercise is great. It gets you moving, gives your body more energy, keeps your heart strong, build muscles, and strengthens your bones. But for me, it doesn't cause me to lose weight. I have been working out more this week to get ready for the triathlon next week. I have lifted weights, ran, biked, and swam and have not lost 1 pound. I actually gained a pound. Why?  I wasn't eating my 1200 calories. Usually I am really strict with watching my calories especially at the beginning of the week. I usually lose 2 pounds, then the rest of the week balances off. This week I couldn't get my diet on track. It started over the weekend by going out to dinner and then moved into Monday with a fabulous Jamaican dinner in our home cooked by the Lynx chef. (We won this in the auction that benefited Central School). Then I tried again on Tuesday and Wednesday. I made good choices like I usually do, but I guess I didn't make enough of them. So I need to get back into eating healthy, one meal at a time. So, I guess I can't eat the zucchini bread thatthe boys and I just made. It is my first time ever making this. I am pretty proud because I do not bake or cook.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, girl. Just read all your blogs and I am super inspired. I am using all the same excuses! So, gonna get back on track! Marathon is only 30 days away and I want to beat last years time!! Counting on you to keep blogging to motivate me each day!

    Catherine

    Ps:let's make it a point to eat healthier when we go out! We can hold each other accountable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good. I agree, we need to eat healthier. I am so bummed after getting on the scale. I know that when I go out to eat, I don't make healthy choices. I try not to go out but I get sick of eating at home. Of course, we're going out tonight. There goes my diet again. But I really need to concentrate on eating right. The working out is coming along. After two weeks of P90X, I can feel my muscles stronger. I can't wait to start seeing them and my waist line. But its one day at a time. Its time to stop the insanity and start the healthy lifestyle again. No matter how many setbacks there are, we still need to go forward. Living in the past will not help and only make us feel more guilty, therefore, eat more junk food. We need to live for today and look to the future.
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. At our Weight Watchers meetings... we were told that when we kicked up our workout routine up a notch to expect a small weight gain as your muscles build and readjust. This happens to me all the time. I would gain 4 lbs and then drop them all the following week! Don't always blame it on food. It may not be the complete picture! You felt great right?? That is more important than the scale! I threw my scale out! Why? It's false. Weight is the amount of gravitational pull on your body. Mass is the amount of space you take up. Do your pants fit better? You're already winning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Amanda, however, it was my food because I ate really bad compared to what I need to eat. For the average person, I probably ate great, but for me I didn't. My body is use to getting lots of fresh raw foods and when I break that and add too much cooked foods, I don't lose. I know I am gaining muscle. After 2 weeks of p90x, I can allready see more definition in my arms. I cannot wait to lose the fat to see more muscle. Thanks for all the comments.

    ReplyDelete