Sunday, October 23, 2011

Its been a rough week

I've had a rough food week this week. I didn't seen to care what I ate. Its been about 2 weeks of spiraling in the food category. I have been stagnant with my weight and reached a plateau where I wasn't losing any weight. It was getting depressing. I stopped weighing myself and then when I did, I was higher than I should be. So of course, I ate.

 I started the day off great. I had my 3 egg whites with mushrooms and salsa, followed by a decent lunch of meat and cheese and small salad. But my nighttime, I was so tired that I didn't care anymore. I didn't want to cook for me or my kids. Of course the kids were happy that they could have chicken nuggets and french fries one night, 3 nights of pizza, Chinese food, hot dog. (I am an awful mom, but the kids enjoyed not eating "real food")

So I vowed the next day to eat better. eggs whites, good lunch, and again horrible dinner. I couldn't break the cycle. My schedule is so busy that I forget to go to the bathroom sometimes. Also from eating bad, the pipes started to clog and that caused much irritation. Even chirocleanse didn't work. My stomach was not feeling well. So of course, I ate bad again. Like I said, I was on a downward spiral.

I woke up yesterday and decided I was done. I needed to break this plateau. I only have 4 weeks left before vacation to fit and look good in a bathing suit. I wanted to lose 10 pounds. I upped my workout yesterday. In the morning I exercised to an Insanity video, then in the afternoon I met with my trainer. We worked legs and I hope I can walk this afternoon. They felt like jello after working out. I had 2 protein shakes after each work-out. I actually made dinner last night. I slow cooked pull-pork, which I never made before, with corn on the side. It was fabulous. I was impressed. It was so easy. I love my crock pot. I don't use it enough. Some friends have gave me a couple of recipes to try out. Using the crock pot is great because I don't have to think about what to have for dinner when I am completely wiped out.

Today I woke up feeling great and energized. I got on the scale and broke my plateau. I couldn't budge from 152 in weeks. Now I made it to 150.4. I cannot wait to be in the 140's. I would like to be 145 before Cancun. I am on my way. I took a before picture in a bikini that I want to wear for next summer. It is skimpy and I will not post it until I like how I look in it now and are not embarrassed by it. Above is a picture of the bikini without me in it. Next year, I intend to wear this and look good. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, sister....that's one HOT bikini...wow....good for you. If you have intended it, than I have no doubt that you will not only be wearing that bikini but you will most definitely look HOT.

    I'm in a little downward spiral myself right now and frankly, it sucks. I guess I will leave it at that.

    Tomorrow is a new day, and I will start my day with a STRONG INTENTION and know, it will be better than today.

    Appreciate knowing that we all go through it and will all get "through" it....ya gotta go "through" to get "to"....pretty much the motto of my life right now. Walking through the tough stuff to get to the bliss....so ready for the BLISS...so ready!!!

    ReplyDelete