Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Legs training in peace and quiet

 I looked around the gym and it was quiet. It was a Sunday morning and there were not many people there. It was peaceful. I put my headphones on and enjoyed my training. I am accustomed to working out with the kids "Momma, momma, I need....." "Mom, Logan hit me, but he started" Or the kids coming down and watching me work out. They want their tv show on, even if I'm doing a video. Or they want to run on the treadmill when I am. So I am enjoying the silence.

I had an amazing workout yesterday. I focused on legs and added in a back exercise. I started with squats. I wanted to do the hardest exercise first before my legs were fatigued. I started lifting with just the bar. It felt good.  I moved onto dead lifts, leg press, leg extension, leg curl, adduction and abduction, and calf raises. I actually did abdominals as well. I do not like ab work. I have to remember to do crunches at the end of a workout.

It was also nice working out without becoming very sweaty. My face always becomes very red from cardio work. It was nice to remain my natural color. I want to continue to run twice week to keep up my cardio. I can't imagine not running on my off days. I want to be able to chase after the kids without getting out of breath. Or walk up stairs. For me, I am discovering that I would rather have smaller muscles and run than larger muscles and feel out of breath. But I do reserve the right to change my mind depending how body building goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment