Friday, May 25, 2012

One Week to Go

This has been a tough week for me. I am constantly hungry and have eaten more than I should. I am eating 5 oz of protein at each meal and 4 protein muffins a day. Normally, I do 4 oz and only two muffins. I've been sneaking roasted nuts as well. Ella didn't finish her meatball, so I had a bite of that. It's those "bites" that are killing me. I don't eat bad carbs or desserts or chips or snacks. Its the protein bites that get me. However, I am getting sick and tired of eating the same thing. Its time to find something new. I don't want salads with fish, I don't like chicken breast. Red meat is too fattening. All I eat is egg whites for breakfast with ezekiel bread, ground turkey with either chili powder and tomatoes or with cabbage and kale. Next week will be even harder because I am doing carb depletion for 3 days and can only have lean protein. If it was fattening protein, I would be happy. I would love to have steak tips or meatballs or sausages or pork chops or even chicken thighs or wings. I can go on and on. But I can only eat chicken breast, turkey breast, or eggs. YUM! Not! Oh well, I will survive. Its only for a few days. I also haven't been able to get to the gym as much as usual. My nanny is on vacation and with going away this weekend, I won't be at the gym either for four days. However, I have been successful at doing 30 minutes of cardio every morning before breakfast. That has helped me keep sane. I have also been practicing my poses in the shower. This caused me to "pop" a rib out of place. I can't wait for Scott to wake up to put it back in. I am still having a hard time flaring my lats out. I realize that if I roll my shoulders in a little, then my shoulders look bigger and my lats come out. Now to remember that without looking at a mirror. I am nervous about getting on stage because I don't look as big as I wanted to and I'm not as cut as I wanted to be. However, I am done to 129.6 todaqy. I am so excited. My goal for this competition was 128. I have a week to make it as long as I don't blow it this weekend. We are going to the lake house and then Storyland today for Memorial Weekend. This will make it 8 years in a row. We always go with our close friends. We are going out for Thai tonight and I checked out their menu. They have salads with lime dressing. I will stay away from the curries which is my favorite. For Storyland, I packed turkey chili without beans and more muffins. Also, turkey breast to snack on. Hopefully it tastes good cold. I am afraid that if I get hungry there will be nothing healthy to eat there. I hope I am prepared enough. Sunday we are having a cook out at the lake and I bought chicken breast with roasted vegetables. This will make it much easier to eat healthy. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Jeannine Fidler Trenholme:
    I KNOW you can do it. I have faith in you and am very proud of you. You look amazing.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna Jutras Tobey
    Almost there, Jody....you CAN do it...I KNOW you can too

    ReplyDelete