Sunday, May 20, 2012

Two Weeks Out

I am two weeks out from my first competition at the gym. I am getting very excited. At this point, I live, eat, and breathe diet and exercise. My main focus is keeping on goal. It is hard to concentrate on anything else. When is my next meal? What am I going to eat? Can I get a work out in? It is crazy. I never thought I would be like that, but I am. I am still 9 weeks out to the Yankee Classic competition.

I have my posing suit being mailed. I should recieve that in a couple of days. I cannot wait. I will post the picture of that.

I am ready to post my picture. It took a long time for me to feel comfortable to do that. After having 4 kids, my stomach is not the same at all.

We had our posing class yesterday. It was great to see the transformation of everyone in the group. At our first posing class, everyone was covered up with shirts or tanks. Yesterday, everyone, including me, had a bikini top and some had the bottoms on as well. As a group, we look great. Posing is much harder than it looks. From constantly flexing, my back is very sore today. I am not usually sore after a work out, but I am sore today. Crazy! I enjoyed the building poses. It brings out the muscles more than the Figure poses. We get to do both.

I can't believe that this journay is coming to a close. It has been a lot of hard and fun work. I will still continue to lift heavy after competition. After all the hard work, I don't want to lose the muscle. I would like to compete again next year.

Stats: I am now 17.5% body fat at 131 pounds. I have lost 21 pounds since January, a year after my last baby. I still have about 5 pounds to go to tighten up the skin on the muscles. I should be ready for July. I need to be under 15% body fat. I am not as big and muscular as I want. I thought I would have more muscle mass on me. I guess my body takes longer to grow. I am eating over 200g of proteins a day. My carbs are under 100g and fat is under 35g. I am drinking atleast one protein shake a day and sometimes two. I started to add in BBCA in my water pre and post workout. I end up drinking that all day because I just keep adding more water. Speaking of water, I need to start drinking one to two gallons a day to get ready for peak week. I drink maybe a quart now. I have been increasing it, but two gallons is crazy.

Staying strict on the diet is the hardest part. The kids want to go out to eat all the time. I try to order take out instead for them. I don't have the will power to go to a restaruant and eat healthy. I start looking through the menu and everything looks delicious. I can't not order something good. I am getting better though. I think that now I need to be strict. I need to start planning more snacks to have when I am out and about. Slow changes, but it works.

So, here is my now pictures. I will try posting my progress pictures later. I need to download them first. This is a great start to my new lifestyle. I plan to get bigger and more ripped as the weeks progress. EVERYONE HAS TO START SOMEWHERE, but I am very fit and healthy compared to what I was months ago. I have to just keep plugging away. If I can do this, anyone can. I would love to see women come into their own and start lifting. Start transforming your body. Cardio won't do it. You need to get into the gym and lift. The diet is the key as well. If you want to lose weight, it is a mind set and not an option. Everyone is looking for a quick fix. There is none. Just hard work and dedication. If you give up, that is on you, not the diet. People blame the diets for not working, its not the diet, its you. You need to want it and make the change. Don't go back to your old lifestyle. Stay on goal and the doors will open.

1 comment:

  1. Jody....your poses are inspirational!! I too LOVE lifting and yes, it makes a HUGE difference....HUGE.

    The words you write I know you mean and yay for you for pushing yourself outside of your comfort zone to meet this goal for yourself...and....also for being willing to share yourself with us.

    Many times we do not understand how much we can inspire or affect someone by our actions...you inspire me and you inspire many. I loved your words that if you can do this, anyone can.

    Empowerment is important on all levels...body, mind, Spirit and Soul...finding the integration and balance is my personal goal.

    Thank you for providing the words and ACTION as a mentor and model...I really appreciate it.

    I know you will have a fabulous competition...YOU will manifest that for yourself...yay for you!!!

    ReplyDelete