Sunday, June 3, 2012

Compeition Day


We did it!! We competed in our first Physique Challange through The Works. It was a great experience. We made many wonderful friends. I can't wait to continue on to see how I can transform in another 7 weeks. There were 20 of us who competed. There were some that never lifted weights before, others who were "cardio junkies". But we all came together for a 12 weeks program to change our bodies and minds.

I woke up at 5:30am because my mind was racing. Will I remember my poses? Am I dark enough? I need to paint myself again. With all these thoughts running through my head, I couldn't sleep. I was nervous like this was my first road race again. I came down stairs and made a cup of coffee. I needed to sit and relax and get out of my head. By 8 o'clock, I jumped in the shower, which gave me time for Scott to paint me again.

Marcia picked me up and we headed to the gym. It was pouring out. I had to stay covered up so that the tan wouldn't run. We went into the locker room to change. Everyone was very nervous and excited at the same time. Some were putting make-up on, others were doing their hair. I already had my make-up and hair finished. I did have to use bikini bite to stick my bathing suit on. It kept riding up on me. After the locker room, we went to have our pictures taken. It was funny because we couldn't get covered up fast enough after pictures. By the end of the show, we didn't care any more. We all just stood around in our bathing suits with ease.
Getting on stage was nerve racking. I was in the first group of women. We walked out and stood in line in our "relaxed" pose. The judges proceeded to call out different poses. Each time we had to relax then flex as hard as we can but still look relaxed. I looked out into the audience and everyone was cheering. It was so loud in there that it was energizing. My nerves were gone, now it was all excitement. My mom was there and I saw her wiping her eyes. Scott was standing and cheering, even Evan was clapping a little. After the group posing, we went onstage individually to pose. Some women went up dancing and strutting their stuff. They were up there for a good time. Others, including me, did different poses and couldn't get off the stage fast enough. Afterwards, we were called onstage for awards and group pictures.
We had a blast. I am very happy that I decided to do the Physique Challange. It helped to settle my nerves so I know what to expect at the July competition. Some of the girls might do it with me. It would be great to have a group together. This show also showed me how far I have come and still how much farther I need to go. It is going to be a tough seven weeks. But for now, I am enjoying the day and going to eat and drink whatever I want.



No comments:

Post a Comment