Wednesday, June 13, 2012

New Work Out Program

I met with my wonderful and talented trainer, Caley, on Friday. She gave me a new exercise program. I use to watch her prepare for her competition and I wanted to do what she did. I will be using this program for the next 6 week until peak week. It is called German Volume Training. Holy cow! 10 sets of 10. I am excited to switch up my program. This volume training is suppose to help me get bigger faster and to keep my heart rate up to burn more fat. That it did. I was exhausted on Friday. I did 10 sets of 10 pull-ups and supersetted it with incline dumbbell press. After that, I proceeded to lift heavy 3 sets of 10 to finish off back and chest.
I started my pull-ups with a lot of energy and good form. I am able to do 8 pull-ups in a row. After that, I put my foot up on the bench to finish the reps. I continued to add my foot earlier and earlier as the training continue. By the last set I was able to only due 3 without any help. I was still impressed that I could do that many. Usually I burn out after the first set.
Caley had me start with 30 pounds for incline press and I said that I could go to 35 pounds. Why did I do that? I just made my work out harder. I should have stayed with the 30. Oh well. I was able to complete the 10 sets of 10. Of course, the last two reps of the last two sets, I think she was lifting my arms up more than I was.
I was definitely sore the next day. It is a good feeling. Its been a while since I felt sore. Changing up my routine is a great idea. It shocks my body into growth and that's what I need. I have 6 weeks left to grow as much as I can.
Monday was leg day. I supersetted squats and hamstring curls at 10 sets of 10. I lowered my weights on my squats. Last week I was squatting 120 pounds plus the bar. (165 pounds) This time I lowered it to 70 plus bar (115 pounds) I proceeded with this exercise and the hamstring curls. Caley saw me and told me to squat lower. I thought I was going pretty low. I was worried about my knees or not getting back up. I am a good student and did what she advised. I watched in the mirror and tried to get my butt lower. She said I need to go lower to work my gluteus muscles more. That I did. It is two days later and my butt and legs are still very sore. I don't mind my upper body being sore, but the legs makes it hard to do things around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment